What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reference guide

ColeG

Is there a go to guide when identifying shells, bullets, cases etc.

I have many casings that I would like information on but It wouldnt seem right for me to keep posting it here and letting everyone else do the hard work.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

A good start would be to download a copy of the Nammo Ammunition handbook from the Nammo Site, https://www.nammo.com/ . it is a free download but only covers military ammo. another is the US Army Small Arms Ammunition identification Guide (FSTC-CW-07-02-66) if you can find a copy.

Is there a go to guide when identifying shells, bullets, cases etc.

I have many casings that I would like information on but It wouldnt seem right for me to keep posting it here and letting everyone else do the hard work.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Post away , everyone has to start somewhere..
Also try the Search function at the top of the page, there are over 30,000 topics with over 198,000 posts amongst them
Tip when using the search option if for example you type in 303 it wont find anything due to the software but add an asterix eg 303* then it will pull up loads of results.
Or a simple search of say 75mm finds 500 topics with the word 75mm in
also if you put search words in commas eg "20mm cartridge" it will list in this case 14 different topics with the word 20mm cartridge in them.
regards
Admin

could try the Defense Intelligence Agency's book SAMLL -CALIBER AMMUNITION IDENTIFICATION GUIDE (U) volume 2 20-MM TO 40-MM cartridges. not a cheap book if you can find one.

As SPOTTER says, post away. We all love seeing rounds, even ones that have been covered a lot. Sometimes the new one pops up out of nowhere. Cheers, Bruce.