What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ohio Cartridge Show

bacarnal

Ordnance Approved/Premium
Ordnance approved
Tomorrow, October 4 and Saturday, October 5 will be the Ohio Cartridge Collectors Show (IAA Affiliated). Anyone going? Cheers, Bruce.

In my dreams only, I have to work. But I am going to a concert by Deep Purple tomorrow night. Anyone as old as I am remembering Deep Purple?

Highway Star and Child in Time are unforgettable even if 70 years old. A great band, not like the current rap crap. Ron.

I still listen Deep Purple quite often. Great music. And much better than the current "music"

Saw them back in 2012 during their Sydney tour............an interesting event ............especially the "grandma" age groupies!!!:tinysmile_cry_t:

I envy you Vlad!!! That would be the perfect topper for today.

Saw them 3 times first time in 1985 with Gillan, Blackmore ,Lord ,Glover and Paice.

Tomorrow, October 4 and Saturday, October 5 will be the Ohio Cartridge Collectors Show (IAA Affiliated). Anyone going? Cheers, Bruce.

Not a bad show. Small, but being all ammo and ordnance it still ends up being better than many larger gun/militaria shows. I picked up a couple of 57mm RR and a 15mm spotter, plus various small arms and pyrotechnics.

IMG_0002.jpgIMG_0004.jpg

I didn't take any. With the exception of SLICS, taking photos at gunshows, military shows, etc in the US is pretty much discouraged. You have too many people on each end of the spectrum that want to use your photos for their own propaganda methods. So photos are usually discouraged and looked upon with some suspicion. I may have been able to get away with it in this case, but it can be a bad habit to get into.

Hi,
Deep Purple, in Berlin, was the first concert I went to in my live and with an american girl. I still remember her name, Tracy. That was in 1968 and I still like the music.
Bellifortis.
In my dreams only, I have to work. But I am going to a concert by Deep Purple tomorrow night. Anyone as old as I am remembering Deep Purple?

Last edited:
I agree with US-Subs as far as pictures go. People can get touchy. I'll also plead to laziness, since I never think of taking them and also that I'm just too busy finding stuff and jaw jacking. Here are pix of what I found, though....

20191004_201601.jpg20191004_202413.jpg

Jeff was kind enough to bypass the 57mm M303 and let me have it, the 6Pdr came with a broad arrow marked M23A2 casing, both 1943 dtd. The 37mm Cannister is US (America Ordnance Co. marked) and found a home in a Winchester 2-96 37x136mm casing. The two US 37mm MKI's came with fuzes. The 37mm Krupp (screw off base) Trench Gun round came in a Russiam 37mm casing. The two Hotchkiss nose fuzes found homes in 1880's rounds lacking them. The MKI grenade is unfuzed. The two 25mm Nordenfelt's were a surprise. And the 25mm Hotchkiss came in a 25.4x87mm Fiat-Revelli casing. Does anyone have a 25.4mm Fiat-Revelli projectile they want to part with? Cheers, Bruce.