What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zünderdose Zugzünder 35

P38Man

I'm getting everything together to fill an original Zünderdose Zugzünder 35 - a box of ZZ35 fuses, but the most impossible item to obtain seems to be the original cord or string that was packed with the fuses. Can any of the experienced collectors here tell me the length and diameter of that string please, and what it was made of? Amazon does a natural Jute twine in 1mm, 2mm or 3mm diameters which looks like it might suit to make reproductions?

Thanks!

In the end I went with cotton string in about 1.2m lengths - going mostly by photos online.
IMG_2841.jpg

Last edited:
P38Man
This cord came from a part tin same as shown in your photo. I was lucky to have it given to me.

The bundle is: 35.5mm long. 9-10mm wide and 1.3mm diameter. The cord is hard but your white copy looks soft?
I hope this helps you. Ron.

ZZ 35 Cord.jpeg

Thanks ron3350 - yes my cord is only cotton and 2mm in diameter. Thanks very much for the information, much appreciated! Eric

Last edited: