What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British Fuze Identification Please

oldshotandshell

I'd be pleased for someone to identify this all brass fuze. Stands 49mm tall and has the same thread and is very similar to the British Time & Percussion No121. Many thanks for all help received.

Unknown Fuse 1.jpgUnknown Fuse 2.jpgUnknown Fuze 3.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Keith, yes MINENAZ16 is spot-on - it is a No. 121 Mk I. Illustrated and described in my book; "An Illustrated Technical Guide to British WW1 Fuzes". Trevor

Is it definitely a No.121 MkI? I suppose I'm asking is there the evidence of a drawing with that nomenclature that shows it beyond any reasonable doubt?

The fuze has apparently been found on recovered Vickers 1.57-in trench mortar bombs, and Ministry of Munitions Design and Supply documents at times call it variously "Vickers fuze (special)" and "Modified No.121 for 1.57-in trench howitzer. Vickers design 48692G approved for sealing". It is almost certainly a Vickers designed fuze, but it would be quite useful if there is a definitive drawing known to exist.

Thanks.

Tom.