What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What colour can I use for this 2cm flak?

Jariber

Hi, I think in this restoration and I don´t know what colour use for paint this 2cm flak30, dated in 1938, and with fuze AZ5045 Rh/S343 38. I attach one photograph of this.

I think in yellow colour, because it has some of this color yet, with one red line in the ring, but I don´t totally sure.

20191106_000802.jpg20191106_000809.jpg20191106_000828.jpg

Please somebody can confirm me, what colour can I must use?

Many thanks in advance and regards!

Hi Jariber,
Yes as your projectile has a tracer fitted then it would have a red band in this case to signify this.
Best Weasel.

IMG_1323 (2).jpgYou don't need the red stripe if you have a yellow tracer:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Thanks Pysall,
Thats true, I should of known that, i have a tracer the same.
Best Weasel

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Hi Pysall, many thanks too[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Please, How can I Know what tracer was used in my flak round?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]I think that I Will Paint it in classic yellow totally, without red line[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]I have cleaned the fuze AZ5045, and prepared all surface for paint it as you can see in photograph[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Rgds,[/FONT]

Last edited:
Hi Jariber,
You have done a really nice job on restoring that 2cm projectile, have you got case to put it in ?
Best Weasel.

Yes I have a case for this round. I am interested in buy other flak30 round models, because is very interesting

Looking at these rounds closely the red band looks like it is sprayed on with a fine air brush. What yellow did you use?