What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delta Airlines Vet Day, 2019, 30+ acft.

Posted for your enjoyment. Spent 3 days " on the clock", ( thank you Delta) moving 30 acft in/out, dragging the 16" in, assembling the parachute display, and taking the kid out of school to my work. Have an enjoyable Veterans Day, we did.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

...MOH winners present...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    12.5 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    13.4 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    13.4 KB · Views: 8

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 21

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 5

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 5
Sorry for the piss poor pics, I took pics on my phone, sent to my email address, saved, then posted....poor results, no idea why.

Where did it take place?
In Atlanta, Deltas hangars. It was open to the public, I was surprised how few non Delta showed up. I do a lot of airshows, this by far the best. When the aircraft departed, ATC closed the nearby runway for a few minutes so the F16's, F18's Harriers , Ch47 could put on a show. Full afterburners, and the fighters did a full 90 degree vertical climb straight up , the CH47 slow hovered straight up vertical to about 5,000 ft., A10s did their thing.Delta has turned into a lefty corporation, but we have 12,000 veterans, most in Tech Ops and pilots group. Word had it they spent just shy of $1 million, they paid for participants and crews food, hotels, buses, and fuel.

And when is the next show? Is there a website?
The poor show attendance is probably because the temperature in Atlanta was 79 degrees Fahrenheit. People in Miami usually put on winter coats when it drops below 80.

Last edited:
And when is the next show? Is there a website?
The poor show attendance is probably because the temperature in Atlanta was 79 degrees Fahrenheit. People in Miami usually put on winter coats when it drops below 80.
The weather was chilly, high about 54 degrees. As for attendance, it was advertised on company website to bring friends and family. We had a large TOC employee turn out, however very small from the much larger General Offices complex across the field ( where all the lefties, snowflakes and what I call " cubicle dwellers " work). It is held every year, Thur/Fri before Nov 11, each year gets bigger. Aircraft begin flying in Wednesday(we begin moving main line aircraft in three bays out and the official ceremony starts at 1500 Thur for evening shift, 1300 ceremony for midnights, 0900 Friday ceremony for day shift. Around noon Friday, we begin moving all the military aircraft out, fuel them up on the ramp,by tanker and they depart. Yesterday the last military aircraft, the C17 and C130 left at 1730. The civilian Warbirds ( B17, B25, P51,Stearman,...) leave over the weekend. The really " cool" part was I took my son in after school Thur 1700 and we stayed till 22:00 with only one or two security guards present. It was totally empty by nine, we had the entire bays to ourselves.....then I pulled him out of school the next day (up at 0500) and brought him in with me to help take down my ordnance displays at 1700. Lucky kid, he is 12. We even had two Medal of Honor recipients present, he was able to shake their hand and speak with them. According to the Internet, there are only 70 living MOH winners currently living.

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to put on a display and especially for posting the pictures. As for the rotation, no problem! I just turned my screen up on it's end and all was well!
Again, THANKS! Pat