What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube video from Spectra Technologies

ordnance

Premium Member
I recently picked up a current issue inert U.S. M67 grenade with the markings on the top surface. The code for the loading plant on it is STL which was a code I didn't recognize and had a hard time tracking down. Any Google search for STL returns millions of hits about St. Louis, Missouri and nothing about hand grenades. A friend let me know it stood for Spectra Technologies LLC, a new ordnance loading and production facility in Arkansas.

Their video seemed quite revealing regarding processes and techniques and includes some great test explosions near the end.

[video=youtube;cvPhL9aMs2c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=448&v=cvPhL9aMs2c&feature=emb_ logo[/video]

They are my new favorite company. I would love to spend all day drawing ordnance with Solidworks software. The equipment is first class, and it is very clean. I will bet the paper work burden to meet all those regulations and standards is quite heavy. I like the mixer making the grey pookie. I am going to guess that is RDX, so it seems they make the actual explosives on site. I am surprised the batch size is so small - maybe that was just the test lab. I also noticed all the rail tank cars on site; that is a great amount of inbound raw materials. Of course, there are other defense companies on that site as well.

Last edited: