What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US 4.2" Mortar Chemical

Weasel

Premium Member
I found this picture on Twitter recently, there was no context as to where or what it was. Perhaps one of our US members involved in this field could add some context and info, i might hazzard a guess that they could be being prepared for disposal on Johnston Atoll perhaps.
Best Weasel.
4.2 M.jpg

I would venture to guess that U.S. Subs would have the best guess as to location. They are filled with Distilled Mustard Gas.

Johnston is certainly possible, though their stocks were more nerve agents than blister. The 4.2 was everywhere though, so any of the storage facilities were possible, Blue Grass, Pueblo, Anniston, Tooele, Pine Bluff, etc. Depending on the age of the photo there were other facilities as well, so it is tough to say.

Hi US-Subs,
Thank you for your reply, i have a few pictures of Johnstone Atoll with various pieces of ordnance, they were from a gentleman that that used to work there, i will start another thread to show those.
Regarding the date location of the picture there was another with it showing a handmaid bowling lane out in the open with palm tress in the distance, the lane was made from Brunswick bits but laid out in a very rustic style. If i can find the picture i will add it to this thread.
Best Weasel.