What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Igniter

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Anyone know who this igniter belongs to? Does it have a nomenclature, and is there anything on it?

Joe

Attachments

• DSC_2353.jpg
    DSC_2353.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_2369.jpg
    DSC_2369.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 66
Hi Joe
It is used in the Swiss army and is called: "Mechanische Schlagvorrichtung".
With this device you ignit shock tubes (Typ NONEL).
It was first introduced in about 1995 with the introduction of the directional fragmental mines (the small one from austria DF 19 an the big one form sweden FFV 013).

Hallo @Spoletta,
only yesterday was I referred to your above explanation. I have some additional questions you may be able to answer. This item is very well made, so I expect that it is for recurring use. Is the threaded capholder, with the nipple to attach the shock tube, a seperate issue item ? Items like these are standard in civilian non-electric blasting practice since many years. Is the screw-thread of 10,2mm standard for this use or is it specially made for the directional swiss mines ? This item has a a very strong spring installed. Is there any gadget used to recock the striker for recurring use ? Thanking you in advance for your consideration, I remain,
Yours Bellifortis.
Hi Joe
It is used in the Swiss army and is called: "Mechanische Schlagvorrichtung".
With this device you ignit shock tubes (Typ NONEL).
It was first introduced in about 1995 with the introduction of the directional fragmental mines (the small one from austria DF 19 an the big one form sweden FFV 013).

Last edited: