What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ft.Bragg, NC

If you do any of the museums the one off-base is best. I was a bit disappointed with the ones on-base, but that is largely the way with military museums any more, no funding.

Now, was the butterfly in the article an endangered species or is it a mutation. Seems that having only one habitat in 1983 then expanding to ten means a rapid growth in the population. Head butterfly to it's minions, "First, we take over Ft. Bragg, then the World, bwah haa haa haa." (Or would that be, "bwee hee hee hee?) :party:

Last edited:
I was there a couple of months ago, small and half was under renovation. I had high hopes, but it was not to be.... Go early as it is in the middle of the Post near the PX and later in the day traffic is congested and terrible.

I didn't go to see. I look for museums mostly for ordnance content, and not so much for the local flavor. That was why I had such high hopes for the Special Operations Museum - maybe next time.

I just talked to JFK Special Ops Museum, they are still under renovation, only half open. But they told me about a Combat Controller "Museum" at Pope Field side of the base. I never heard the term "combat controller" and was very surprised by this "museum" existence. It is not really a museum, it is a learning centre, but they are open to public. https://www.airforce.com/careers/de...GXGZZW4P1NfRFNQIeYQaAlJnEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
82nd AA museum renovation is finished. Wish me good luck in getting to these places.

Last edited: