Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    think people steer clear of them as an FAC is required. The cartridge carrier is actually a short plug with the rim fire firing pin, think case removal was with a long thin rod.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2pounder For This Useful Post:

reccetrooper (15th December 2019)

Images
    Thanks
    Not quite true, there is no case law on this, but H O guidance indicates FAC required for rifled tubes for shooting use in RIFLES, thus if you have an early .303" Lee Enfield with (eg) a .22 sleeve, or a 7.92 Mauser ditto, or a sporting rifle that you use and for which you have a sleeve so that you can practise on a 25 metre range or similar, then the adaptor is held on ticket because it is held for shooting. Presumably if you had a 2 pr or a 6 pr that you wanted to shoot you would need to put the sub-cal on ticket to allow you to do so.
    This is essentially the same as putting an antique on ticket for use, even if only for blanks. Adaptors for shotguns, eg .410/12 bore etc are not required to be held on certificate at all.
    This is because adaptors are not firearms, ie lethal barrelled weapons, nor are they components, because the firearm functions perfectly well without them. The only lethality about a 2 pr sub-cal would be if it were used as a club to hit someone over the head, and in such a case it would be rather less handy than any other item of wood and steel, eg a carpenter's claw hammer.
    Alan1.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan1 For This Useful Post:

Burney Davis (20th December 2019)

Thanks
    I have a sub calibre round for the 6pr 7cwt gun. As was previously stated, it resembles a wooden drill round but has a rifled barrel in the centre. Calibre appears to be .303.
    I started a post on it titled 6pr 7cwt sub calibre on 12 August 2018 and there are photos of my item there. Sorry, not too hot at posting photos....

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flak18 View Post
    I have a sub calibre round for the 6pr 7cwt gun. As was previously stated, it resembles a wooden drill round but has a rifled barrel in the centre. Calibre appears to be .303.
    I started a post on it titled 6pr 7cwt sub calibre on 12 August 2018 and there are photos of my item there. Sorry, not too hot at posting photos....
    http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/thread...wt-Sub-Calibre
    Last edited by reccetrooper; 20th December 2019 at 06:13 PM.
    Wanted: Baton/Irritant rounds (inert) and associated items, .700 NE (inert) and boxes (empty), .32-40 cartridge boxes (empty), WW2 British shotgun cartridge boxes (empty), Greener Police Gun cartridge boxes (empty). Message me if you have any of these items for sale/trade.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to reccetrooper For This Useful Post:

flak18 (20th December 2019)

Images
    Thanks
    Hi Reccetrooper,
    Picked this thread up again from yr helpful post to Flak18.
    I'm well aware of differing views; some time back I had a short chat with several other collectors with similar interests, legal opinion is as I have outlined. H O guidance is from their own reference. The RIFLE (my emphasis) adaptor needs to be on ticket because the owner will want to acquire and possess the necessary ammunition, eg .22, for the sleeve that he will be using on perhaps an indoor range for low cost practice shooting, and authority for that is entered on his (or her, of course) certificate as well as the fullbore ammunition for normal use.
    Life is complicated!
    Alan1.

Thanks
    http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/thread...hlight=calibre

The 75 mm Sub-calibre for the Sherman Tank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12