What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19th Century Freeburn fuzes? for id please

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
can anyone confirm that these are Freeburn fuzes and if so, what is the significance of the white band on the whole one?

many thanks Dave

Attachments

• 100_6921.jpg
    100_6921.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 63
Hi,
I cant help you with identification, but this is a really nice piece of collectible, which I have never seen offered before. Congratulations !
Bellifortis.

Dave,

I have never seen a real one but they look like those shown on a sketch I have (somewhere).

can anyone confirm that these are Freeburn fuzes and if so, what is the significance of the white band on the whole one?

many thanks Dave

Hello Dave, Definitely Freeburn Fuzes, the white band being a 1-inch wide paper strip painted white which is wrapped around the gunmetal wedges, pieces of wood and circular wire rings. There is a full description on page 25 of "British Early Artillery Fuses" by David J Ibbetson. Trevor