What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M57 Rocket Launcher

Gasstank

Hi,

Before I start the job of fabricating something I wanted to ask whether anyone has a dummy / inert head for a M57 Rocket launcher? I figured there must be 1000's of these things produced(?) and just need to look in the right places??

Thanks in advance.

(Also any way to decipher the numbers stamped on the weapon?)

That's the subcaliber barrel. It has its own cartridge, but you can shoot ordinary 12ga cartridges from it for fun :)

Last edited:
That's the subcaliber barrel. It has its own cartridge, but you can shoot ordinary 12ga cartridges from it for fun :)

Thank you for that information. There is nothing on the auction that indicates this is a training round that I could find anyway. The round does look like it has a barrel stub projecting from the nose cap but nothing else and I could not find any information when I Googled M57 launcher training round. Do you have a link to a site that has this information ?
Thanks,
Bill

Only M-57 is not rocket launcher, but grenade launcher. No rocket motor in projectile. And it is not fun to fire it....trust me!

And it is not fun to fire .... truste me!

Why is it not fun to fire? Noisy?

Here are two pages from the SDPR catalogue.

Attachments

• m57 1.jpg
    m57 1.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 30
  • m57 2.jpg
    m57 2.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 29