What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Projectile Found/Left at Gard du Nord

Eggburt1969

Projectile Found/Left at Gare du Nord

Any ideas?

From the look of it, it's a partially disassembled fin-stabilised (FS) target practice (TP) projectile that emulates HEAT-FS projectiles fired from a smoothbore tank gun, or recoilless rifle. What seems to be a nose probe is partially covered in the image by a black piece of clothing. There does not seem to be any perforations in the tail boom, so discounting this as the M371 90 mm practice projectile, or other projectiles fired from the M67 or similar recoilless rifles. It doesn't seem to match any Western tank gun-fired projectiles I could find, such as those fired by 90 mm, 105 mm, or 120 mm tank guns, or anything I've looked at yet though my reference material. It also doesn't really match, for multiple reasons, Soviet/Warsaw Pact TP projectiles that emulate HEAT-FS.
EKkoxfzWsAAnD-a.jpg

Last edited:
It appears to be a NATO style 105mm TP-HEAT. Solid fins (Russian designs use folding). White plastic rotating band (To rotate in a rifled barrel) Contoured tail boom (no place to attach a 120mm Combustible case) Blue color for practice (Russians don't use blue) Not from USA (long tail boom, longer than US.)

Last edited:
With holes near the fins it looks more like a TP mortar glue. They look like two pieces of different projectiles, the glue of a mortar and a piece of TP-HEAT projectile. Collect in a shooting range ..... :)