What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SECTIONED 105mm MECAR M1057 TPFSDS-T

apfsds

Premium Member
Just sectioned a window in the case of this beautiful MECAR Round to detail its unusual range reducing cone stabilizer. Not sure why they call this "Fin Stabilized?" Anyhow, MECAR makes some of the most beautifully designed and engineered ammunition, especially their large bore tank rounds. I only cutout a window because the case did not come with an inert primer. If anyone happens to come across the exact/correct primer, I would be off the charts grateful.

Jason

IMG_0527.jpgIMG_0520.jpgIMG_0524.jpgIMG_0523.jpgIMG_0518.jpg

It seems a shame to have to cut a brass case and the titanium dioxide liner, but nice job.

Do you know if it will take a U.S. Primer?

I did not, "Have," to cut the case, I, "wanted," to cut the case. Most of the APFSDS-T inert rounds in my collection are sectioned, just my preference. I like seeing all of the components. I only section them if all the parts are 100% factory correct. If not, I leave them whole. If I had the factory primer, I probably would have sectioned the case all the way down to detail that structor better. This projectile has an unusual tail stabilizer design that I really wanted to show off :)

It may take a US primer? I have not tried that, because I want it original. I may have to try it =now just for giggles as now I am curious if cases made for the M68 Gun are designed to the exact same specifications, even the primer hole and thread pattern?

Jason