What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange item

sksvlad

I found it in the midst of a large ammo collection in Allentown, Pennsylvania. I don't think it is ammo related, but who knows. It says "Brothers Inc.NY, Made in USA" and "Stratford", somebody erased brothers' name. Brothers' name seems to have 4 letters, the 1st letter is definitely "S", the rest I am guessing to be "Sims" or Salz". Nothing written on the item itself. What is it?
DSCF2050.JPGDSCF2051.JPGDSCF2052.jpg

Last edited:
Well, if Rick isn't kidding:nurse: as to what it's use is, I guess it could be a projectile of a sort. I'd say that the lanyard would DEFINITELY be a required item. I'd hate to see that get "lost":damnmate:

The "cinch" ring is a dead giveaway that this is the INSERTER MK1*. The MK2 was larger diameter which required a pull chain spot welded in place.

There's no "end" to the knowledge this forum has...:wink:

By the way, oww...

Knowledge evidently covers both "ends". It's called an Innuendo, it's an Italian Suppository.

When I worked sterilizing medical instruments we called this "The Bullet" so it's related, get a few
Hemorrhoids and you will find out --- Just don't look when the Dr aske's for a Q Tip -- It's not what you think
and if you come out feeling like you've been muzzle loaded and swabbed - well you just were ~ :tinysmile_cry_t2:

Add a saw, pinchers and some leeches and you would have a medical kit any Medieval barber would be proud to own.

I was actually thinking of a cigar hole punch, before Rick got me on that "ass-backwards" type of thinking:tinysmile_shy_t:

A Dull Key hole saw with some missing teeth ~ :xd:

I've seen heavy Orthopaedic instruments come back all bent to hell-
the poor patient , one wonders how they felt when they woke up after that,
one could hear the hammering down the hall ~ Happy Hip replacements everyone -----
If it goes badly, it's a redo called a revision, you don't even want to think of that -
Towers of equipment and instruments, chisels and a cement removal kit.

Have a friend who just went through a "revision" hip replacement because the cobalt ball was eroding the cobalt socket, giving him a higher than normal "cobalt" blood level. It seems they misplaced him an failed to inform him of the "recall".