What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuze No106

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Fuze No106
Entered service 1917
Obsolete 1959

please feel free to add more information on the 106 and its uses

Attachments

• no106mkII.jpg
    no106mkII.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 114
  • no106 MkIII.jpg
    no106 MkIII.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 100
  • No106 MkIV.jpg
    No106 MkIV.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 103
  • No106 MkVIII.jpg
    No106 MkVIII.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 108
  • fuzes_95_115.jpg
    fuzes_95_115.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 91
I'm trying to put together an article on the 106 fuze for Wikipedia. Can I use these diagrams ? Any more info ?
thanks
Rod

Help,yourself Rod,think i may have sent these fuze pictures to you by email earlier today...allan
Couple of pictures showing the fuze fitted to 18lber ammunition

Attachments

• 080a.jpg
    080a.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 118a.jpg
    118a.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
No 106 Fuze

Hi Fella's,

I was out in the Hills of Hong Kong over the weekend with the metal detector and found a few interesting items. (I'm still cleaning them up before posting them for all to see). I found a fuze which I'd like a little help with.

It has: R^L No 106 ILAD (The Letters are guesstimates- might not be 100%)
I'm pretty sure what it is from but would like your opinions. There are also a couple of early inspection marks that have been scratched out that read: 2/39 and another 8/32,

I suspect it came from a Howitzer shell which we had at the time.

Anyone know what the ILAD means? I have a good idea what the other stuff stands for. Thanks boys

Hello,
Bump this thread for a question.
Sometimes we find ww1 fuzes No106 with different safety cap. Not the common rounded pressed steel cap but a cylindrical cap with flat nose.
Is it only a difference from a factory or is it to indicate a special fuze, a different Mk ?
Regards

I can see reference of cap modification on 106E MK6 series :
4 - Copie.jpg

Last edited:
Minenaz16,

There's no significance in the style of cap - see attached.

TimG
106-145.jpg