What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mausers

Slick

"Captured German Kar 98k rifles at Stavanger Norway 1945"

mauser.jpg

Wonder where/how they all ended up.

I have read that Norway refurbished and re-issued some after the war. Some were also apparently converted to .30-06 and 7.62x51 Nato.

Probably a combination of glub glub glub, welcome to Ahfrikah, and bien venidos a South America!

I read on another forum that apparently some were dumped in the sea.

They are still said to be cheaply available in Norway in the original 7.92 Chambering.

The posts that I read said a quantity has also been re-imported from Norway to Germany in recent years as there is a demand from collectors and shooters there.

Huge quantities were bought up cheaply by US arms dealers in the 50s/60s and sold all over the world. The Israeli army was armed with Mauser rifles on its inception. There are even israeli manufactured bajonetts for the K98. The foto above just shows 1 collection point in Norway. Storages like this existed in nearly every german occupied country and especially in Germany.