What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ab 70-1

FZG76

Ordnance approved
Good morning all,

I am looking for documentations with Germans containers such as the AB-70, 70-1, 70 D1, 70-4, 70-5.
There are many contradictory documents ... How are they arranged, what ammunition are inside, do you have any information and diagrams?
Thank you in advance, and happy new year !

Thank you for these diagrams.
I was talking about contradiction ...
Look for the position of the fuze
Capture d’écran 2019-12-30 à 15.42.42.jpg Sans titre.jpg Sans titreu.png

Here two pictures I found about AB-70 and AB-70-3

AB-70 is a conventional German container construction. It can be fuzed with one or two fuzes. In case of two fuzes, the first top above, receive the command of the bomber and with a delay, give the command on the nose inside fuze. This fuze will open the container and so permit the dispersion of the payload. (Attention, on the first pic, the AB-70 is upside down !) (Pictures are coming from the Wolfgang Fleischer's book "German air-dropped weapons to 1945"). In case of one fuze, this fuze receive the command of the bomber and, after a delay, open the container.
All the AB70 have not the same shape and functioning. Look at AB70-3, completely different than AB70 "classic" !

AB70-1 : 3 flares Mark S
AB70-3 : 22 SD2
AB70-4B : 40 SD1
AB70-4C : 50 SD1
AB70-5 : 23 SD2

Yoda

Attachments

• AB_70_3-01.jpg
    AB_70_3-01.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 20
  • AB_70-01.jpg
    AB_70-01.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hi
On the first draw, the fuze is on front and there is a ladenkopf.
On the second picture, the fuze is not at the front. No ladenkopf.
But with the marking it's the same ...

Look correctly, first picture of sgdbr is a AB70-1 with ladenkopf and nose fuze, the second one is a AB70-4 with only one fuze on a "normal" place.
The shape of this two bombs is apparently the same, but the internal arrangement is different.

Yoda