What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dutch ? fuze ID

Burney Davis

Premium Member
I have had this fuze for a while and had thought that it it is a variation of the Dutch [FONT=&amp]Tijdschokbuis Nº 8. It is made of aluminium and graduated from 2 - 35, whereas the No 8 is made of brass and graduated to 98 I believe. Does anyone have any paperwork on this model or confirm what it is?[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

Thanks as always.

[/FONT]
20191231_115105_resized.jpg20191231_115113_resized.jpg20191231_115120_resized.jpg20191231_115142_resized.jpg

Last edited:
All these 35 sek. fuze are made by Krupp for export. I have the same in brass. I have seen a belgian shrapnell with this fuze last year. Calibre was around 95-105mm.

Many thanks Alpini. Would that mean that the Tijdschokbuis Nº 8 was also Krupp made and exported for Dutch use?

yes, at least Krupp designed. But theses early fuzes I think were also Krupp made.