What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British 7.62x51mm NATO blank headstamp variations

SimonF114

Hi all,

I have a headstamp I wish to query. I’m fortunate enough to live right next to a training area here in the UK, and regularly find brassy goodness.

Of all the 7.62mm blanks I find, there are sometimes variations in the headstamp. I understand by searching on the IAA that these examples with the big font is a cartridge supplied by Hirtenberg Patronen, Austria to Radway Green, with the smaller font being Radway Green manufacture.

I’m interested to know the purpose of the separated headstamps in the second picture. I only find these separated headstamp variations on 1984 and ‘85 dated blanks, would this be another visual difference from another supply factory? I have been told that the separated headstamps suggest that they were supplied from Norma, can anyone confirm? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks indeed,

Best regards,

Simon

Attachments

• image2 (4).jpeg
    image2 (4).jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 1893244A-DCA1-4552-BE2A-C0435A6AD582.jpg
    1893244A-DCA1-4552-BE2A-C0435A6AD582.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 21