What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Film Props - 1917

Millsman

Premium Member
Met Andrew Robertshaw today, who was the technical advisor to Sam Mendes on the film 1917.

Got this from him.

A decent resin No 5 / No 23 film prop grenade. designed to be seen from a distance so, don't be too critical. I expect anything seen in close up was the real thing.

John

SSCN3850.JPG

Great film only criticism I have heard was a lack of visible Lewis guns, or a Vickers, there would have been one or two about.

Maybe in canvas carriers or something - certainly brief images ? A lot of detail to take in one one viewing -
I read that the helmets were made up 8% larger that originals as they thought our heads are bigger now
and the original size would look small. Hopefully they are easy to identify or 40 years on havoc in the market !

++Added comment, thank goodness they are resin ! they certainly looked good. All the personal kit looked good too,
that wear on the 1914 kit and it will also look great. But as this thread is in the Grenade section as it took a turn
from grenades I won't add to it any further here.

Last edited:
Maybe in canvas carriers or something - certainly brief images ? A lot of detail to take in one one viewing -
I read that the helmets were made up 8% larger that originals as they thought our heads are bigger now
and the original size would look small. Hopefully they are easy to identify or 40 years on havoc in the market !

They are resin so even 40 years hence they probably won't be in the military collectors market, but maybe the film prop market.

I forgot to add in post #1 that the pin and ring pull out.