What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any more informations on 152 OF-22

MT-LB

Premium Member
Hello,
would like to get more informations on this 152 OF-22 - only found this Training Poster.

Attachments

• 152 OF-22-1.jpg
    152 OF-22-1.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 152 OF-22-2.jpg
    152 OF-22-2.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 152 OF-22-3.jpg
    152 OF-22-3.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 54
It's a HE-RA projectile from mid 70's. Can be fuzed with a V-429 (PD) or an AR-5 (prox) fuze.
Weight is 43,33kg, and it contains 4,88kg of explosive.
Range is about 20km

Thank you very much, great info in there. The only Problem is, that I don't speak Russian - so I can't read correctly how it works, but still the drawings tell a lot.

I do not speak Russian, though I can read a bit and transliterate Cyrillic to Latin script.

What I did was to put the book I had, that was in DJVU format, through an OCR program and convert it to searchable and copyable PDF format. The converted text can be put into Google Translate, or whatever you use.

The OF22 has an acceleration-armed 4L25 delay igniter assembly present in the rocket motor nozzle. On firing, the igniter seals the motor propellant from the high-pressure firing charge gases. The firing acceleration results in, due to inertia, a stab sensitive primer cap in the igniter to impact with a firing pin. The flash from the primer ignites a pyrotechnic delay element in the igniter. Once the pyrotechnic delay has burnt through it ignites a black powder (BP) charge that is present at the very top of the igniter. The heat and flash generated by the BP charge ignites the 4M3 rocket motor propellant charge. The pressure build-up within the motor blows the delay igniter assembly out of the rocket motor nozzle allowing the thrust generated by the motor efflux to boost the projectile's speed and hence range. The manual doesn't give any specs for the delay period for the delay igniter or the speed increase the rocket motor gives.

I had these in my files.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 18