What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training F1

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
I am looking for some answers on the markings found this F1 grenade and fuze.

Any help would be appreciated since grenades are not my thing.

Joe

Attachments

• DSC_2791.jpg
    DSC_2791.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_2728.jpg
    DSC_2728.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_2787.jpg
    DSC_2787.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_2745.jpg
    DSC_2745.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_2710.jpg
    DSC_2710.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 38
I am particularly trying to figure out if the body or fuze was made in Poland, or someplace else? Were these just Russian made F1s that were used for training by Poland?

Joe

I am particularly trying to figure out if the body or fuze was made in Poland, or someplace else? Were these just Russian made F1s that were used for training by Poland?

Joe

Poland has a licence production for the F1 since the late 40s. The fuze UZRGM has the factory code "354". This code is assigned to Bydgoskie Zakłady Elektromechaniczne „BELMA”. Filling of the body was done at factory "406" (Wytwórnię Wyrobów Precyzyjnych Niewiadów) or at "21" (Zakłady Metalowe MESKO).

EDIT: Took a second look at the pics. Sorry, but I can't help you with the markings on the body right now:hmmmm2:

Last edited:
Some more info on the history of the F-1 grenade in Poland:

Up until 1947 leftover wartime stock was refurbished and used to manufacture new grenades. Additionally, new grenade bodies were manufactured from 1946 onwards.
The domestic production was supplemented by imports from the USSR up until the beginning of the 1950s. There were big delays and problems with the manufacture of the domestic copy of the UZRG fuze and even some accidents occured with the unlicensed UZRG. A proper licence was not acquired from the Soviet side until the beginning of 1952!
In these early years, many grenades were delivered without fuzes to the depots and the fuzes were frequently complemented many years later. The transition from the UZRG to the UZRGM fuze was done sometime during the second half of the 1960s.