What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chemring Smoke Grenade Box

ron3350

I found this box at the militaria shop but only took photos.
The Red smoke grenades are UK made and shipped to Chemring Australia, Lara, Victoria (near Geelong and Melbourne).
I understood that Chemring made grenades but maybe they only imported them from pains-Wessex?
They now have contracts with ADI.

Any info on the type of grenade in this box is appreciated. What is Prac A/R Red? What does A/R mean?

Smoke Grenade Box Top.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg4.jpeg5.jpeg

Yes. I believe the N225 is the CS version (as used by Hong Kong police last year, surprising that their anti-riot pyro' is western supplied) N227 & N229 are the Practice versions in red smoke and white smoke, respectively.

In the UK at least, Chemring's military pyrotechnics division is once again Pains Wessex (PW Defence Ltd.). https://www.chemring.co.uk/media/press-releases/2019/24-06-2019

TimG

Last edited:
N225 Red Riot Rubber Grenade.jpgI found a photo of the N225 red rubber bursting grenade with help from this forum. Blown up photo so a bit blurred.
Who has a photo of the practice grenade?