What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chemring Smoke Grenades

ron3350

I found these two smoke grenades as used by the Australian Army.
A 130 Yellow and A 150 Blue. I see that there is a series of colours 10 numbers apart. Still have to find the rest of them.

These grenades were supplied by Chemring Australia in Lara (near Geelong and Melbourne,Vic)
I thought Chemring actually made these grenades but how can you tell if they are UK made by Pains-Wessex and shipped to Australia.
Maybe the loading data may help. Also see my other thread on a smoke grenade box in packaging section.

Chemring Blue & Yellow Smoke Grenades.jpgChemring Smoke Load Dates.jpeg

As far as I know, its a serie of 6 : A110 red, A120 green, A130 yellow, A140 white, A150 blue, A160 purple

I have not seen any of these A101 Series grenades as used examples at any gunshows . Another series to collect. Thanks.
sgdbdr . I had that information somewhere in my files but seems lost so thank you too.

That is a good question. The coding on the side of the grenade doesn't give much. There isn't a 3 letter code for the manufacturer like I normally see.

Joe