Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    they used to have open cockpit days at march airfield museum in the 2000s when I lived in LA.sat in the SR71,some of the gages had been removed but it was the coolest thing ever

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwieod For This Useful Post:

wichitaslumlord (12th February 2020)

Thanks
    Wow, I see bins upon bins of these patches at gun shows and nobody touching them. You are the 1st person I know who collects them. Very neat. I'll stick my nose into patches next time to see what's inside. Maybe I'll be lucky to find that bear patch.

Thanks
    The patch collecting hobby is inundated with fakes, many of which are close enough to the original that one has to become a textile expert to tell the difference. Common ones are are even reproduced for sale at air shows etc. One dirt bag in Virginia actually goes to Vietnam with original examples and has them duplicated on the same hand operated embroidery machines that the original Vietnam era ones were made on, frequently by the daughters or grand daughters of the original makers. He then sell them as "genuine Vietnam hand embroidered patches".
    If it's rare and there's a buck to be made, the fakers will be hard at work, even in ordnance collecting. Pat

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wichitaslumlord For This Useful Post:

sksvlad (12th February 2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12