What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown 20mm size Soviet? Cartridge.

I do not know this one. Not mine, I will have the projectile diameter in a few days. I was thinking by the belted headcase ,head case markings and coloring someone may be able to quickly ID it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 83
Nice one ,

this one is a German produced 20x138B AP-T round. Panzergranate Patrone L’spur. This particular one : Polte , Polte Magdeburg.

These were mainly made for export however some later ones are found with WaA marking & manufacturing code “aux” which is also Polte Magdeburg.

If I’m correct ... Holland , Finland , Switzerland , and a bunch of other nations used these German made AP-T rounds and were used in the 20mm Lahti M-39 (Finnish) anti-tank rifle if I recall correctly. I’m not sure if they were used in the 20mm Solothurn S18-1000 Anti-Tank rifle , but either way : 20mm German-made , Export round used in Anti-Tank rifles.

This one seems to be a very early one though , I don’t recall seeing one marked like this , most I’ve seen were ‘aux’ marked , later ones.
Only recall seeing this PM marking on the 20x105 L204 cases (Versuch)

Hope this information is useful & answers some of your questions , if anyone has any remarks on this subject , please feel free to let me know. Always open to learn.

Thank you

Bever is correct.
I can add the round is considered an
AP practice -T.
The "G" like marking on the headstamp is consistent with German export production for Sweden.

The 20x138/B round was used with (among others) the Solothurn S18-1000 series AT-rifles.
Though Finland mainly used 20x138/B ammunition of indigenous design/manufacture with their Lahti M39, it did receive delivery(ies?) of German 20x138/B according to Jost Anderhub.

Other designs using this round were Italian and Finnish anti aircraft artillery pieces.

The 20x105/B was used in the S18-100 series.

Last edited: