What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

76mm Rocket

ron3350

Who can identify this 76mm rocket? It is 400mm long from the nose to the venturi.
Is DTW 14 the rocket type? What country made it and what weapon fired it please?
It is light aluminium and nose and fins screw off.

76mm Rocket A.jpeg76mm Rocket B.jpeg

Rocket Nose View.jpegRocket Base view.jpegRocket Nose and Fins.jpegSome more photos and dimensions of this Chinese rocket. I think it could be an Illumination or Smoke ejection round?
Body is 283mm long. Approx. 490mm overall length with fins folded back. 400mm long from nose to venturi.
There is a 23mm thick centre dividing plug.
The base view shows a flat base with 3 plugs, each with 2 key holes and 2 key holes in the dividing plug. Cavity is 93mm deep.
The nose view shows a raised centre section with 3 flash holes, possibly a delay fuze system? Cavity is 167mm deep to 142mm at raised section.

I think the nose cap blows off as there is no powder burn on the cap inside.
There are burn marks on both sides of the centre divide plug.
Rocket print reads in 7 lines of print:
DTW 14-76
S02-14-5823
KAL-W-1

SG-1
-14-542
JD-2
06-14-44

Would this be from 2014 production? Any information is welcome as modern Chinese rockets are hard to find.

Not many comments yet. Since posting photos I was told it was Chinese 2014 production but still not certain what type of rocket.
Suggestion was maybe a flare, chaff or counter-measure? I need confirmation . Thanks.

Hello,
Could it be a practice or test for a Rocket Assited Fins Stabilized shell (Artillery) ?
The body (motor + warhead) is very short.
I know Oto melara made a 76mm shell with fins, different from your shell, but an idea.
Regards

Last edited:
Although i've never seen it in any manual it might be a TP shell for the Breda Folgore recoilless rifle.

The Folgore is a 80mm gun

Yes it is but it's an idea for searching. Maybe a round for artillery (recoilless gun or not).

DTW14-76 sounds Chinese markings.
Herewith markings DTW125 and DTW10-125 for 125mm tank rounds.

CHINESE 120.jpgCHINESE.jpgCHINESE 2.jpg

Look at this Chinese display, on the left, there is a 76mm shell.

DISPLAY - Copie.jpgDISPLAY - Copie - Copie.jpg

Last edited: