What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help id 30mm case

womble

Hi all I have a very sorry looking 30 x 210 case (made of steel - with plenty of rust /pitting), I have looked through my reference books and cannot seem to find it listed, if anybody has any info then that would be appreciated- thanks in advance.

cheers

Womble30 by 210.jpg

Maybe a 30x210 for the czech PLdvK vz.53 und PLdvK vz.53/59 AA Gun.

Attachments

• Zuschneiden_17.jpg
    Zuschneiden_17.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Zuschneiden_18.jpg
    Zuschneiden_18.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Ohne Titel.jpg
    Ohne Titel.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 13
Rigby

Thank you for the quick reply, going by the measurements it possibly could be, at the moment I am unable to see any head stampings and what crimping was holding the proj in, it did come with some other experimental stuff so I may be able to provide further info when cleaned up. just out of interest was this Czech round based on any other countries designs eg Germany ?

Cheers

womble

Strakv

Thank you for the reply, would this be the same as the Kreighoff 303 or similar ?. and if so what head stampings does the BR303 have and what does the Kreighoff have ?

cheers

Womble

Strakv

would this be the same as the Kreighoff 303 or similar ?.

Yes, also known as MK 303. From memory, developed by a Czech company originally while Krieghoff was responsible for running the factory, development continuing after the war. Used in the M53 6x6 SPAAG (twin mounting). Some saw use in the 1990s ground wars in the Balkans. Might still be around in reserve stocks.

here are some br 303 examples
Bob

Attachments

• 303 Br 01.jpg
    303 Br 01.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 303 BR 02a.jpg
    303 BR 02a.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 303 Br 03.jpg
    303 Br 03.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 303 Br 04.jpg
    303 Br 04.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 16
Tony and Nabob thank you both for your posts and thank you very much for the photos of the head stampings, when I have cleaned up the case I will post some pics (if there is any thing left after the rust has gone !)
cheers
Womble