What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

William Mills Playing Cards

roller63

Premium Member
I got these the other day, a pack of playing cards advertising William Mills Ltd. Not sure of the date of these, but the telephone number is only 4 digits, so maybe from the 1960's ? Hopefully of some interest and just a bit of fun. DSC00358.jpgDSC00360.jpgDSC00359.jpg

Think your right with the date Tony as the aluminium head in he picture looks like a E type jag V 12 model.....
Dave

Yes, I think the post WW2 period. Long after William Mills died. Very nice find.

The Wednesbury factory in Friars Park Road was set up by the government to produce Engine blocks for the Merlin engine and other power plants. Post war it became the William Mills named subsidiary of The British Aluminium Co Lt. It continued to make engine blocks until (I think) 1977 when is closed. Post WW2 the company sold off the original Mills works in Grove Street Birmingham.

Last edited:
Mills Products

To expand, Mill's shooting sticks are about and would make a Nice decorative (Wife Approved etc) addition to any home.
Made between the wars and after.
Placed of course in the traditional Elephant foot stand ~:xd:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 12.28.10 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 12.28.10 PM.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 24