What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help to ID a WW1 German Casing

Greatwar15

I recently got a WW1 shell casing, and am having a tough time identifying it. I have just about all the common shell cases out there, but this one has me scratching my head. It is 159 mm ( 6 1/4") tall and has a rimmed base which is 132 mm (5 3/8") wide, the opening is roughly about 127 mm wide (inside dimension). It is not perfectly round, so hard to get a good measurement. So I am hoping to get some expertise on this item, thank you in advance.

It does have the following markings on the bottom, in case they don't show up in the pictures. Patronenfabrik X Karlsruhe 1915, also has a and "10" below the karlsruhe stamp.
IMG_3577.jpg
IMG_3580.jpg
IMG_3579.jpg
IMG_3578.jpg
IMG_3574.jpg

It is a Kaiserliche Marine shell case made in oktober (X) 1915. It is not common but they turn up sometimes. My best guess is they are meant for the "beute" Russian 12,2cm M1910 howitser. There where 2 Marinekorps Schwere 12 cm Haubitze batterien active on the Western front named Kreide and Radler.