Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellifortis View Post
    Hi Bob,
    I'm really surprised to see a Krupp mechnism in a Rheinmetall fuze. The patents for the mechanism were all owned by Krupp and Rheinmetall did not see any possibility of recieving the rights. That's why the started the development of an electric time fuze in 1926 up till 1945.
    The whole A.Z.35K was an invention of Krupp (Artilleriekonstruktionsb├╝ro Wilck). The clockwork-patens were held by Gebr. Thiel and not by Krupp. The relation between Krupp and Thiel is still not really clear for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellifortis View Post
    Hi Bob,
    The "Fg"(Fliehgewichtsantrieb) Patent was not in the Krupp portfolio.
    The Fg clockwork comes from Junghans. I don't understand where is the relation to the A.Z.35k or Krupp or Rheinmetall?

About the patents: This fuze was ordered by the government and it was during war. It was common practise that if two competiting companies would not work together than the government paid possible license fees directly. This way they bought the right to let the patented part be produced by a different company of their choice . Such contracts were restriced to war-time or for a specific order. The normal way was that the companies paid license fees directly to the patent owner. Gebr. Thiel received license fees from most companies which were producing their clockworks.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alpini For This Useful Post:

Bellifortis (19th February 2020), Bever (19th February 2020), Endel (19th February 2020), Nabob (20th February 2020), womble (23rd February 2020)

Thanks
    Do you know if the clockworks for this fuze were produced in S├Âmmerda or if they were delivered ready made from another clockworkmanufacturer ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellifortis For This Useful Post:

womble (23rd February 2020)

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Here is another cutaway I made of the Dopp.Z. 45K!08-01-0045-02, Dopp.Z.45 K, GE, cut, 1.jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrfuze For This Useful Post:

Nabob (20th March 2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12