What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Flare Pistol Cartridge Base

Deckape

Hi All

I came across this base last year but can`t find any reference to it online. I`m assuming its a flare pistol cartridge base and it measures the usual 1" across. I can make out the letters ( or what appears to be ) SCHOE and there is certainly a W in the earlier part but I`m struggling to get any more. Anyone got any ideas / nationality ? Thanks

Cartridge 1.jpg Pic 2.jpg

1 inch equates to 4 Bore, so it could be a shotgun cartridge. where did it come from??

eley1.jpgeley2.jpgeley 3.PNG

Thanks for the replies both. It was picked up on the Somme last year along with the other one pictured above. I understand that is a British WW1 Flare Cartridge base so I assumed as this was close by and has similar wear that this also was a military one ? However looking at the shoulders the Eley one is definetely a couple a mil taller so perhaps that is the difference and it isn't military ? I know there is a lot of hunting on the Somme. Look forward to your thoughts, cheers

Schönebeck.jpg
Hi Deckape
This was a green Signal cartridge from the German ammunition factory SCHOENEBECK / ELBE, produced around 1930.
Best regards
Horst

Hi Horst

Thanks v much for the info, I am very pleased ! 1 British and 1 German within 5 mins of each other and never found any in the prev 9 yrs !! Many thanks for all your help everyone, cheers