What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Janos Toth is a Thief

Status
Not open for further replies.

M8owner

There was a discussion thread about Janos a few years ago that was closed by the moderators as he was not a forum member. However, he contacted me on this forum, and he is a member. He has stolen my money, and our members need to be warned.

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/94331-Buyer-beware-of-János-–-Slovakia?highlight=beware

His ID here is "INERTordHungary". He contacted me with a private message about items for sale. Having seen the above post, I was guarded. However, he provided one of our members as a character reference - someone I trust and have worked with in the past - and that person said Janos was good. Janos sold me two items worth almost $4000. He offered to ship them, and I did not have to pay until they were delivered. This worked well. With this relationship established, I requested that he find an expensive item for me. We agreed on a price, and I sent him the money. He never delivered the item and has stopped responding to emails.

I can provide his exact physical address in Budapest, Hungary if someone can determine a way to report him to the authorities.

Last edited:
I was also contacted by Janos on this forum,he offered me a training mine which I paid for by paypal and it arrived safetly in 2 parcels.the value was around $100 so nothing like M8s deal

He offered me goods via PM a while back, as I only collect British I declined. As long as comments on here are not defamatory I think it is good to highlight people who do not provide what they have been payed for. Saying you haven't received emails as an excuse does'nt work. This also puts people off buying from eastern europe,where there are a lot of top sellers,and items that are impossible to find elsewhere. Hope you get your money back. Tig

I have received information that Janos was arrested and his collection seized. I took no actions to make this happen. It would appear his illegal activities were multifaceted and came to the attention of the Hungarian Police all on their own.

Last edited:
Thank you for the update M8owner.
As this has now become a police matter i feel it is now right to close this post to further comments
Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.