What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DM 39 Question

Hi Joe, RM , I believe (without guarantee) stands for Rheinmetall. These pressure-release fuzes are seldom offered. I saw just 1 auctioned off a while ago.
Bellifortis.

RM is Richard Rinker Baufa-Werke in Menden. In the 2nd World War, this company already produced fuzes and today supplies the German Army.

You are right @rigby. That really surprised me, that Rinker was the manufacturer. But, as far as i know, Rinker only made a few postwar fuzes and that suddenly stopped in the 60s. As far as I know Baustra only makes radiators and heating elements. So, RM is NOT Rheinmetall, but Rinker Menden.

Last edited:
@Bellifortis
For your documentation Rheinmetal is
RH - Rheinmetall GmbH Ratingen
RHU - -Rheinmetall GmbH Unterlüß

@Bellifortis
Here's a patent for a landmine from 1972. Look at the applicant. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Attachments

• rr1.jpg
    rr1.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 30
Hallo @rigby,
you seem to be the only one around, who knows something about this special subject. After searching, I just found out myself that you are right. But, the last Patent for a mil. item I could find, a "Sprengrohr", is dated 1979. Do you know if baufa is still working on mil. products ?
Regards,
Bellifortis.

Last edited: