What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

120mm TP-T container questions.

I have been looking for quite awhile for a TP-T container for my round. Many dart type containers available, none for the M831A1 until yesterday, found at a local gun shop. Question, how are the inside packing parts removed? I see a red streamer, tumbleweed and dirt in the very bottom, I need to get it cleaned out. The OD strap when pulled outward, moves the foam and formed plastic projectile part upwards only about 4 inches ( I presume designed for easy removal). If the internal formed packaging went in, I assume it can come out? It seems to hit some internal stops, any Abrahms tank crewman available for comment?image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I figured it out, remove the bottom end bolt, it releases the internal packing assy. which is then pulled out of the tube by the straps.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 10