What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unusal German bomb marking

Grzesio

I've encountered a picture of C 250 class bombs with very unusual colour markings, I've never seen before.
What could they be? Red rings denoted incendiary bombs, white nose - practice smoke bombs (or white nose with adjacent longitudinal stripes - smoke bombs). But bright colour rings?
The only similar marking that comes to my mind would be a KC 250 chemical bomb with Gruenring Gelb filling, i.e. with adjacent green and yellow rings - but I do doubt it's the case here...
Or maybe these are captured German bombs with foreign markings?

Do you have any ideas?

Attachments

• German bombs and soldiers -,.jpg
    German bombs and soldiers -,.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 152
I think it is the KC 250 with one green and one yellow band on the body. It should be filled with Gelbkreuz (S-lost)

German-250-KG-Chemical-Bombs.jpg

It would be interesting to know where this picture was taken. It looks like field-storage. As far as I know Germany did not use gas in WW2. There were filling-stations and bomb-storages inside germany, most of which got dumped in the North-and Eastern-Seas by the allies at the end of the war.