What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

INCREDIBLE, Dutch WW2 Sectioned 105mm HE Projectile

apfsds

Premium Member
I was fortunate to have recently added this extremely stunning, Sectioned 105mm HE Projectile. It was acquired from the, Dutch War Museum, over 40 years ago when their Head Curator was changing up the museums displays. The workmanship is off the charts! Even the carpentry is insanely perfect! The round is embedded into a heavy block of teak wood. Even though it is not my primary collection focus of large bore APFSDS inert specimens, I could not resist it. It even has the fuze cover attached.

Jason

Attachments

• IMG_2682.jpg
    IMG_2682.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2684.jpg
    IMG_2684.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2686.jpg
    IMG_2686.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 94
Thanks so much! I did get a great deal on it.

Have you seen (or made yourself) many of these? Your sectioning skills are incredible!

Jason

I prefer to make 90 or 120 degrees cutaway models, but this one is very nice.
I think it's a factory cutaway, made to professional standards to instruct or teach. You can however see by the way it's made that it's meant to last.
Hold on to it, because you'll not find this quality of cutaway models easily on the other side of the pond.

Regards, DJH

Very incredible indeed. These projectiles are truly very rare. It is the HE shell for the 10,5 cm How L/22 manufactured by Bofors, which were used by the Dutch Kolonial Army (KNIL).

Attachments

• 10,5 cm Hw L22.jpg
    10,5 cm Hw L22.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 43
  • St G 10,5 cm Hw.jpg
    St G 10,5 cm Hw.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 134.jpg
    134.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 53
  • huls 10,5 cm Hw Gec NIL.jpg
    huls 10,5 cm Hw Gec NIL.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 41
Congrats on that find, Jason. Looks to be of "DJH level" sectioning quality. It fits in ANY collection.
Please add the out of the frame pics here.

Regards
Rick

Last edited:
Thank you, EVERYONE so much for the kind words and help to ID this one.

GREIF, those original diagrams and photo of the gyun system are AWESOME! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! It is so awesome knowing.

At the request of my Pal, SLICK, I am posting a few photos of it out of the teak block. It is painted all yellow. Not sure if that was original or something the craftsman did to help protect it all those years ago?

Jason

IMG_2663.jpgIMG_2665.jpgIMG_2667.jpgIMG_2668.jpgIMG_2681.jpg