What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona virus as an ammo sales(person)?

For those not following American politics, there are 2 proposals discussed at official levels in several parts of US.
1. Allowing police to disregard lesser crimes in order to save on manpower.
2. Letting prisoners OUT of prisons because corona virus will spread very quickly in this dense population.
These 2 ideas are making people on the OUTSIDE of prisons uncomfortable, so they buy guns.

I just drove home by a couple of small local gun shop. I'd never believe it if I had not seen myself. There are dozens of people waiting outside to get inside to buy guns. Incredible!!!!

Thank you for this. I confess I had seen the queues outside some of the gun stores on TV and was rather startled and worried about the possible consequences.
You have given me some perspective. Thank you.

Buying a long gun (shotgun or rifle, semiauto or not) is still a 5min affair in New York, as long as no criminal record. Buying a pistol of any kind takes the same amount of time, but you cannot walk out of the shop with it, there is a paper coupon requirement which sometimes takes up to 2 weeks. So I assume the people buying guns right now are first time gun owners buying rifles or shotguns. And I am sure they are emptying ammo shelves in process.