What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odeti M1 grenade

Hello... does anyone have any information on the Odeti M1 hand grenade manufactured by Rupturita in Brazil? A diagram and/or some specs would be really helpful to me.

Also, does anyone know anything about it's history? As in, was it ever standard equipment for Brazilian forces (or any forces, for that matter), or was it simply experimental?

Thanks in advance.

I don't have any brochures, but the images in the auction link below will allow you to estimate its dimensions by scaling if you know the dimensions of the two other grenades.

Lot #1422: LOT OF 3: SPANISH AND BRAZILIAN HAND GRENADES.

The images in the link below shows how the grenade works: a multilinear shaped charge to regularly break up the steel wire coil. Obviously no dimensions again, or the HE mass.

Original Brazilian Odeti M1 Offensive / Defensive Inert Hand Grenade by Rupturita S.A

For note I search for the item in Portuguese too (m1 Granada de mão defensiva ofensiva), zilch information of any use came up.

Researching any vintage military equipment that isn't US, British or Russian is such a pain, isn't it? Thanks anyway... I got some specs from ordnance.info that I somehow missed.