What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2pr automatic

2pounder

Premium Member
In the ECRA journal there is a very interesting drawing which Norman has submitted, showing a modified 2pr case and a number of hardwood adaptors to replicate various rounds for testing for 'Automaticity' . The question is what's it all about? What was the test? I looked up the word in a modern dictionary and not there but in my extensive 1932 dictionary it gives automaticity as 'the state of being automatic' no real clue there other than the items drawn were for gun function probably using manual cycling. anyone wiser on this?

In the ECRA journal there is a very interesting drawing which Norman has submitted, showing a modified 2pr case and a number of hardwood adaptors to replicate various rounds for testing for 'Automaticity' . The question is what's it all about? What was the test? I looked up the word in a modern dictionary and not there but in my extensive 1932 dictionary it gives automaticity as 'the state of being automatic' no real clue there other than the items drawn were for gun function probably using manual cycling. anyone wiser on this?

You have a date on the object? As I might have a clue.