Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.

Thread: 2pr automatic

Premium Member
    Thanks

2pr automatic

In the ECRA journal there is a very interesting drawing which Norman has submitted, showing a modified 2pr case and a number of hardwood adaptors to replicate various rounds for testing for 'Automaticity' . The question is what's it all about? What was the test? I looked up the word in a modern dictionary and not there but in my extensive 1932 dictionary it gives automaticity as 'the state of being automatic' no real clue there other than the items drawn were for gun function probably using manual cycling. anyone wiser on this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2pounder View Post
    In the ECRA journal there is a very interesting drawing which Norman has submitted, showing a modified 2pr case and a number of hardwood adaptors to replicate various rounds for testing for 'Automaticity' . The question is what's it all about? What was the test? I looked up the word in a modern dictionary and not there but in my extensive 1932 dictionary it gives automaticity as 'the state of being automatic' no real clue there other than the items drawn were for gun function probably using manual cycling. anyone wiser on this?

You have a date on the object? As I might have a clue.