What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dopp z96 n/A diagram

tigbrand

Premium Member
Bought this off depotman ages ago and now want to get it apart if possible as seem to have time suddenly! Anyone got a diagram and any tips for disassembly please?
Cheers Tig

soak it in diesel for a couple of weeks,this is a very good penetrant and will soften the rust.rapid heating and cooling is also a good way to free things up

Since You are missing the setting ring, it was dissasembled before.
Bob

Since You are missing the setting ring, it was dissasembled before.
Bob

I don't think so - I sold it to Tig and know that it was untouched since recovered. My guess is that the setting ring fractured during the ejection and either rotted in the ground, or fell off, before being picked up. Depotman

Ah, I see, I have seen some PTT fuzes with cracked rings before.
The to part looks quite nice, if the internal threads are squeezed by impact, it will be hard to disassemble it without damage.

Bob

Thanks for the information, ive been an engineer for 30 plus years so have oxy acetylene etc in my van, so will get it apart with time and patience! I have a donor ring, just need correct info. its a nice fuze and the steel shell top is in Gc, so worth doing. Cheers Tig