What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15 cm case ¿possible Gonzalez Rueda?

auvesan

I would like to know your opinión on this specific case.

It is a 150 mm case but I do not know the rest of the measurements.

As you can see in the pictures below, the markings on the case are:

15 C/m RUEDA, on the top
ISSY 1922, at the bottom​

There is a little triangle bettween C/M and RUEDA, and between ISSY and 1922.

I guess the word ISSY is refering to the French ammunition manufacturer Manufacture d'Armes Issy-les-Moulineaux, France.

And it is possible too that the word RUEDA refers to the González Rueda 150 mm cannon, 150/50 model 1902, manufactured in Spain at the beginning of the Sg. XX. It was a spanish design after the war aginst USA in 1898.

But it seems strange to me that Spain did not manufacture the ammunition itself for these guns and ordered it from that French manufacturer.

I don't know exactly how many cannons were made, but they must have been few. At least 10 pieces were installed on the spanish cruiser "Reina Regente", launched in 1910 and scrapped in 1926. The guns were dismantled and later used as coastal artillery, for example in the Balearic Islands.

This case comes from the city of Mahón, on Menorca (Balearic Islands).

Thanks

Vaina 15 cm Rueda.jpegVaina 15 cm Rueda marcajes 1.jpegVaina 15 cm Rueda marcajes 2.jpeg

Should be 150x1056R217. Spain used almost everything, always. French, Polish, Russian, German, list goes on and on so why not French? Rare case, never seen images and never found! I would get it ;-).