What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cockerill projectile

Most likely the Belgian (PRB) 90 mm NR479A3 HEAT-TP-T that emulated the NR478 HEAT-T. One below with its tail fins broken off.

90 mm NR479A3 HEAT-TP-T.jpg

The Mecar equivalent is the 90mm HEAT–TP–T M623A1 round.

90mm HEAT–TP–T M623A1.jpg

A brochure page capture, with a sectioned round diagram, for the Former RO Defence version, the Round 90mm Tk CKL HEAT-TP-T RO940.

Round 90mm Tk CKL HEAT-TP-T RO940.jpg

Last edited:
So it would be the projectile (I have it under the designation NR6479A3) without its nose cap. Makes sense

So it would be the projectile (I have it under the designation NR6479A3) without its nose cap. Makes sense

It would seem to be that way. It's pretty much identical to the RO one, which I presume was a licenced copy.

As to the designation in the US Iraq EOD guide, be aware there are loads of minor and major mistakes in that document. Double checking with other sources gives the PRB HEAT-TP-T round's base designation as NR478, so the '6' in the document's designation is probably a typo.

A good example of an error, well I think it is, try finding a 30 mm VOG-26 (ВОГ-26) round in Russian. Supposedly it was a low-velocity version of the VOG-25, but fired by some shoulder-braced weapon designated as the M26A2 that was used by insurgents in Central America. So the source is saying, a Jane's book, that the insurgents have type classified at least three launchers?? They must be a very organised bunch of insurgents!