What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mauser bk 27 cannon barrel & ammo

BEAR64

Hi All,

Thought this Mauser BK 27 cannon barrel i picked up a few years ago might be of interest to some of you.

This cannon was and is used on such aircraft as Panavia Tornado, Eurofighter Typhoon, Alpha Jet and JAS 39 Gripen to name a few.

Calibre: 27mm
Shell: 27x145mm
Rate of Fire: 1000 - 1700 rpm
Muzzle Velocity: 1,100 m/s (3,600 fps)

This barrel was retired from service some time ago but apart from some surface rust is in really good condition. Keep toying with the idea of cleaning it up and spraying it but then i think it would be better to leave it as is (can't decide).

Weight: Just over 17kg (38lb)
Length: 5'7" (67")
Barrel Size Breech End: 55mm
Barrel Size Muzzle End: 40mm

Photos below of barrel and belt of 27mm TP rounds. (The image of complete cannon is NOT my work and only used for comparison).

BK 27 BARREL & ROUNDS.jpgBK 27 BARREL BREACH END.jpgBK 27 BARREL MUZZLE END.jpgBK 27 BARREL LENGTH.jpgBK 27 BARREL STAMPS.jpgBK 27 BARREL RIFLING.jpgBK 27 AMMUNITION.jpgBK 27 MAUSER CANNON.jpg

Hope you enjoy and stay safe.

BEAR.