What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted: Info On D.W. Flagler's Fuze

frijoles108

Hello Everyone!
I haven't posted in a while as college has kept me busy, but I had been accumulating a lot of information to write a accumulated text on everything related to the developmental history of Daniel Webster Flagler's Combination Fuze from 1887 to 1890. I read through a number of original time period documents about the testing process and development over this time period of his fuze, but unfortunately information is somewhat limited outside of a few documents I could find. After 1892 no mention of his fuze ever appears again, as I believe it lost out to simpler designs copied from the French at the time, leading to the Model of 1892 Frankford Arsenal fuze. I have a lot more specific info than that, but ill spare you guys from a wordy post of everything I accumulated. I was wondering if anyone has any more imagery, their own documentation, etc. relating to this fuze that was lost to history? Maybe even more unlikely someone here has an example?
Many thanks!
Ben