What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a WWII Belgian 47mm AP Shell?

doppz92

Premium Member
Hi, is this shell a Belgian APC C47 shell? It really looks like it, however, the colour (original) doesn't match what I found, since the top of the ballistic cap and the body are red (sorry for the bad picture). Aren't the Belgian APC meant to be grey? And obviously, there's no markings at all. Thanks.

Attachments

• Image - 2020-04-08T222356.723.jpg
    Image - 2020-04-08T222356.723.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 70
Thanks a lot M8owner. Could you or someone confirm the colour of the body? I've seen grey on some and mine is definitely reddish. Thanks

Thanks a lot M8owner. Could you or someone confirm the colour of the body? I've seen grey on some and mine is definitely reddish. Thanks

On your pictures I can see traces of the normal grey color. The red color can be the under lay of antirust paint.

Yoda

Thank you Yoda and M8owner, this is it, the red colour is the undercoat paint. Cheers.