What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sectioned British number 1 grenade

SG500

Premium Member
The hacksaw has been restless over the winter months so I spent time rummaging around in the spares box and came up with this.

All made from relic parts.

I wasn't going to cut a perfectly good cap (this ones off another in my collection) so if anyone has a spare cap in relic or damaged condition please let me know :tinysmile_grin_t:.

Dave.

IMG_4229.jpgIMG_4234.jpgIMG_4233.jpg

Incredible sectioning talent! Looks amazing! First time for me seeing a sectioned #1! Really awesome!

Jason

Rather thank bin the bits I put together a third section :)
I didn't have parts for the det so made do with a metal tube.
The handle section is of a different type, with hardwood (after 100 years in the ground it really is still hard!!) for the wood plug and the remains of the cane handle. A fragment of the streamer even remains.
Dave.

IMG_4251.jpgIMG_4250.jpg

Great cutaway model. I never realized it was a cast iron ring around a sheet brass housing. It shows why cutaway models are so interesting.
Regards, DJH